Thursday, June 14, 2007

A Good Start

The sock challenge is off to a good start.

Here's June. I'm pretty happy that I only have half a sock to go with over two weeks left in the month. Of course, we all know that

overconfidence gets you nowhere.

Here's July. This sock is not as large as the June pair, but it (obviously) stretches to fit over the sock blocker. This sock gave me a bit of a fright when I was about four inches from the toe. I was convinced I'd never have enough yarn to finish. I ended up with maybe two yards left after the kitchener. Let's hope the second skein isn't lacking any yardage.

I haven't decided what pair I'm going to do for August yet. Decisions, decisions.

While not exactly the perfect summer knitting, this is a good time to get my sweater finished so I can wear it the second the weather turns this fall. I finished sleeve #2 last night, so all I have to do is attach this sleeve, pick up and knit the hood, then pick up and knit the button bands. Every time I pick up this project my excitement is renewed. I can't wait until it's done. I'll have to crank the AC so I can at least wear it at home.

Lastly, just in time for Father's Day, I'm finally remembering to post a picture of Knit Knack in his Mother's Day outfit.


Unfortunately there won't be a Father's Day outfit this year... but we do have to save some things for next year, right?

6 comments:

Brenda said...

I am so impressed! And I love the pink socks. But then I get a little silly about anything that's pink.

Anonymous said...

LOVE the pink sock! What pattern & yarn are you using?

Anonymous said...

love you bff!

Joy said...

i keep thinking that when Wendy writes "bff" she's really writing "bif" and I think of Back to the Future and Marty and the dorky jacket without sleeves that was so totally 80s and I totally don't get the connection to you at all.

i can't wait to see the finished hoodie. i'm really quite amazed and awed that you've managed to knit so much of an adult-sized sweater. you're such a knitting sensei.

JenBut said...

Hmm... Just wondering if you'd considered doing the sock Plunge (http://52pairplunge.blogspot.com/) before coming up with the sock challenge...

KelInCal said...

Yer socks look great - see, you can make a pair! (Like I should be talking in my early one-sock making stage.) It seems wrong that Knit Knack has a better wardrobe than most (now ALL the turtles are going to want one)!