Seriously. Site meter told me that somebody found my site by Googling "deep fried monkey toes." Turns out I'm the ninth link down. Dream come true, peoples, dream come true.
(Maybe by making the title of this post "Deep Fried Monkey Toes" my rank on Google will increase?)
Not too long ago my friend Nicole tagged me for the "Seven Interesting/Weird/Bizarre/Random Things About You" thingie. I don't even like sending back those email surveys I get every other week. So I decided I would write a blog and tell you a bunch of things and you could choose which things were random or interesting about me and which things were just things I wanted to tell you. Ready?
* My knit-blog-reading has been kind of sparse and dry lately. I think I just needed something fresh and new to read. Here are some new-to-me knitting blogs that I highly recommend for great projects, beautiful pictures, and fun people.
* Is it just me or did I wind a plaid ball of sock yarn?
- KelinCal at hypKNITized. She has some uber cute puppy action going on in between all the knitting.
- Monika at Smoking Hot Needles. Check out this handpainted shawl that was dyed AFTER it was knitted!
- Julie at Little Cotton Rabbits. Apparently her toys sell out quicker than a cat on bath day, but methinks meneeds one of her little monkeys.
- Dave at Dave Daniels Cabin Cove. He has his own store for his hand-spun and hand-dyed yarn. Gorgeous stuff.
- Ruth at Ruthless Knitting. She's the one who designed Sheldon, for pete's sake. Why didn't I start reading her blog sooner? Seriously, check out her Buster sweater. LOVE IT.
* As of the time of this blog posting, I have less than three hours to purchase sock yarn for the next six months. I've somehow successfully kept from purchasing this absolutely stunning sock yarn on etsy.com, but I want you all to know that I am allowed to accept sock yarn gifts throughout the next six months. (Just drop a note in the comments if you need my snail mail address... *winkwink*)
* Site meter also told me that one of my blog posts was featured in an internet marketing article on how to get comments on your blog. I thought that was pretty cool.
* I'm amassing an amazing affinity for argyle.
* I'm headed to TNNA in Columbus for the weekend. Look for me again on Monday.