Monday, October 29, 2007

Happy Turtleween!

Pirates are pretty popular these days, and nobody likes a good bandwagon to hop on like our dear Knit Knack. Trick-or-treaters, eat your heart out. I'd like to present...

Captain Knack Sparrow!



We made him walk the plank (but not without his effects...)


But he was able to lash himself to a seaturtle and escape the island...


So he could regain control of the Black Pearl!


And collect his loot.


Which he shared with his parrot, who I believe is still nameless. (Poor nameless parrot.)


May all your looting be as successful!


-----

P.S.
Thanks for all the comments on my projects in the last post. You may have convinced me to keep going with the chevron scarf as is. It's sitting next to my knitting chair hoping that someday I'll get a chance to knit some more on it.

The red & brown "sock" from the last post is actually the first of my
Endpaper Mitts. The red yarn is Paprika from Claudia's handpainted, and the brown is a Cherry Tree Hill solid. I just used the sock blocker to stretch it out a teeny so you could see it better. I'm glad you like it! I'm totally in love, myself.

15 comments:

Brenda said...

How do you come up with these costumes? The parrot is fantastic!

Barbara said...

The parrot's name is Owl.

Anonymous said...

So adorable! I love it. Pirates are cool. :)

The Endpaper Mitts are gorgeous. I'm making some for a pal of mine in solids, but yours have inspired me to make myself a pair with a handpainted and solid combo! :)

Chris Salley said...

They can't possible get cuter then this. Seriously. Job well done.

~Tonia~ said...

OMG that is a hoot!!! I love it. I think it is my favorite so far.

bean said...

Tonia, was the "hoot" a reference to Mom Higgins naming the parrot "owl"? :)

I already linked to this. It's crazy. You are amazing.

I'm going to burn all my yarn. I'm not worthy of any knitting or even crocheting.

Annie said...

This is just the cutest, I love the hat!

Dave said...

This is too cute -- right down to the earring!!

KelInCal said...

You've done it again! Knit Knack must be the luckiest little knitted turtle in the whole wide world!

I must say, the earring and the corked leg are genius - you're so creative.

Anonymous said...

Too cute! The hat, the peg leg, the red and black stripes, I love it all.

By the way, i've tagged you on my blog to do an 8 random things list.

Molly Bee said...

Ohmigod! He is the cutest thing ever! I love his parrot named Jack Sparrow!

Joy said...

So now we know what you were working instead of the stripey thing. (gotta admit -- looks way more fun!)

Love the parrot named Owl.

Yonners said...

too freakin awesome! Freaking out over here!

Anonymous said...

That is ridiculously cute. Your creativity is amazing!

Stephanie said...

That is the cutest thing ever! Great job.