Thursday, February 8, 2007

Three of Four

So. How many days left until Valentine's Day? I just might not make it. However, my first sock on two circulars has been completed (insert applause here). I'm still not sold on the process, since it made me a little crazy to have to slide the stitches from the cord to the needle every time. I have a feeling that any time I saved by only having two joins instead of three was lost in the time it took to slide stitches. Maybe that's a problem with the fixation yarn. I'll do the second sock on two circulars to make sure my gauge stays the same, and next time I'll use a different yarn and see if that makes a difference.

I am the proud new owner of some hand-dyed, hand-spun yarn. Dubbed "rhubarb" by its creator, it is a yummy three-ply wool that varies between fingering and worsted weight. I ADORE it. I have no idea what to make with it though. Any ideas?

Knit Knack received his valentine's shell in plenty of time for any spin-the-bottle parties he might be invited to. He's already clamoring for a St. Paddy's Day shell, with a plaid tam o'shanter to go with it. I may have created a monster. (Bonus points to my MOM who not only took this picture, but e-mailed it to me all by herself! GO MOM!!)

1 comment:

~Tonia~ said...

Knit Knack is so cute decked out in his new Valentines shell. Props to your Mom for taking and sending you the picture.

The yarn is lovely. Maybe a scarf or hat?