Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Flat Out

Y'all are the greatest. Thanks for letting me know you're still around. Sometimes I think I had more time to post when I was working full time. More structure to the day, I suppose.

I've had two phone interviews in as many days, and I have a real face-to-face interview Wednesday morning with one of those companies, and another real face-to-face interview next Wednesday with the other. Thanks for all the well-wishes; I'm just hoping that one of these will work out. I'm already growing weary of filling out online applications with information that's already on my resume.

Remember the in-front-of-the-door fiasco I was having with my cats? I had ripped up the carpet, then ripped up the padding and put down two rubber mats. After the second time of scrubbing the rubber mats, I decided I'd wait to put them back down until something happened on the bare concrete floor. Well, that's been a little over a week, and the bare concrete floor has been untouched. Bare concrete floor it is, then.

The knitting is progressing. I'm still working on all of the things I was working on before, and some of them have a little more progress than before. I at least haven't started anything new lately besides the entrelac bag for the class.

Well, I'm off to iron (gasp!) clothes for the interview tomorrow. As my mom said earlier today, I only get one chance to make a first impression. Impression. Get it?

8 comments:

aija said...

Good luck!

Brenda said...

Yeah for interviews! Boo for puns. I mean yeah! Puns are so impressive. The highest form of humor.

Karen said...

Ditto on the good luck!!

Molly Bee said...

Best of luck with your interviews! Keep up the great work on your blog!You're in my list of daily reads!

PBnJ said...

Best wishes!

Joy said...

knock 'em dead!

Kimmie said...

Yo yo. Don't worry that you haven't posted as much as you used to. I haven't posted to my blog at all in like a month. Oops. Can't wait to see you on Friday!

Yonners said...

Best of luck on the interviews! I once had an employer tell me that I looked like a 'trendy librarian'. I don't think he meant it like a compliment but I got the job so. I'm happy that your cat problem has cleared up. Good luck!