Wednesday, January 14, 2009

January Socks


Crosshatch Lace Socks from
More Sensational Knitted Socks by Charlene Schurch


Yarn: Claudia's Handpainted, Cabin Fever colorway
Needles: US 2 dpns
Toe up (figure 8 cast on) with heel flap


For: Me! Who doesn't love new socks? I can't wait to wear them to sock club on Saturday. The second picture is the closest to actual colors. (Anybody else in Ohio miss taking pictures in actual sunlight?) This colorway vanished from the shelves quicker than a ninja on speed, so I'm really glad I snagged some before it was all gone. I chose a toe-up pattern to make sure I'd have enough yarn to finish, since Claudia's, while absolutely beautiful and soft and one of my favorite sock yarns of all time, doesn't have as much yardage as some other sock yarns. I think these turned out great.

I just wish somebody would tell me where my other sock blocker is. Hrmph.

Have you seen the new Cookie A. pattern in Knit.1 magazine? *swoon* I might have started it already. But no linky linky. They're a gift for someone who reads this blog, and if she wants to know what the pattern looks like, she's gonna have to do the research herself. Hehe. I'll post pictures when they're done, though. I might even find the other sock blocker by then.

1 comment:

Brenda said...

I love the socks! And I'm especially glad you made some socks for yourself. They look fabulous!