Thursday, March 15, 2007

Road Trip, And You're Invited

EDIT: Timing is everything. Shortly after I posted about the Pittsburgh road trip, the Yarn Harlot posted about her updated tour schedule, and she'll be in Lexington again on April 21 at the book fair. I'm interested in going to Pittsburgh AND Lexington. Any takers?

-----

Where: Joseph Beth Booksellers in Pittsburgh, PA
When: Friday, March 30, 2007, at 7:00pm
What:
The Yarn Harlot! Need I say more?

I've been thinking about this since I first saw
the notice on the yarn harlot's blog, and I'm ready to announce the plan and see if there are any takers.

I'd like to leave Cincinnati around noonish on Friday, March 30, to head to Pittsburgh. It's about a four hour trip according to Yahoo maps. That would give us plenty of time to get there, have a bite to eat, and get to the bookstore early since Stephanie tends to pack in the knitters wherever she goes. It's no big deal if we get there early, since we will (of course!) bring knitting.

We'll be driving back that same night since I have to work at the yarn store on the 31st.

I've seen Stephanie two other times (once in
Mount Vernon, once in Lexington). You can even read about me on her blog (Mount Vernon and Lexington - scroll down a bit). Trust me, she's totally worth the drive.

So call me Willy Wonka, because I've got the golden tickets. I can carry four people besides myself to Pittsburgh. If you want to go, either leave a comment or send me an email.

3 comments:

Karen said...

I would so love to go, even though we have never met(I generally shop at the LYS in Hamilton even though I live equi-distant between the two). Unfortunately, I can't what with the kidlet's and the husband's schedule. I look forward to your post of the road trip.

Joy said...

I can't go on the 30th to Pittsburgh, but plan on me for the 21st in Lexington!!! I wonder if I'll finally be working on the mate for the sock I was knitting when we saw her in Lexington last year?

Anonymous said...

can i go too brooke? i would love to spend a day with you and joy on the 21st in lexington. it would be like when we were all back at the 'ville. oh, by the way, this is heather webster- now its heather pierce though. if you don't remember me just ask joy. i was the one with red hair that was always with her if that helps though. i live in dayton and even though i am not much of a knitter, but more of a crocheter, i would love to ride along and maybe even get refreshed on my knitting and purling. okay i will really need to be retaught because it has been a very long time since i knitted. i crochet everyday though if that helps. :)