Wednesday, August 30, 2006

I Do Not Like Plain Stockinette

I do not like plain stockinette
I really don't and won't knit it

I've said it once, I've said it twice
Plain stockinette is just not nice

I would not like to knit it here
I would not knit it anywhere

I would not knit it for a goat
I would not knit it on a boat

You like to do it, this I see
But I will not, it's not for me

I would not like to knit a square
I would not knit one on a dare

I would not knit a simple box
I will not knit your plain old socks

I would not, could not knit a bag
It's such a bore, it's such a drag

I do not like plain stockinette!
I really don't and won't knit it!

"Try it! Try it!" so you say
"Try it and you may," you say

Fine. I'll try this felted bag
I can't believe you're such a nag

I cast on and then start to knit
Oh well, I guess I'll knit a bit

Wait, this bag is pretty neat
To finish will be quite a feat

This pattern just goes on and on
I've knit two balls of Kureyon

And half a skein of black Lamb's Pride
This stockinette is on my side!

'Round and 'round and 'round and 'round
And 'round and 'round and 'round and 'round

I love I love this stockinette!
I do love it! I will knit it!

Knit round and round all day and night
Until this bag is outta sight!















-----

pattern: Felted Striped Tote from One Skein
yarn: black Lamb's Pride worsted, Noro Kureyon in Black/White colorway
needles: US 10.5 29" circular


4 comments:

Yonners said...

Brooke that is hilarious! And as you were rhyming I thought... she should try the booga bag... and that's kinda what that is! Freaky! Wheeeeeeeeeee!

aija said...

Too funny!! It looks great, thanks for the laugh.

Dave said...

Very well done!!

PBnJ said...

Too funny! Love it!