Friday, July 6, 2007

Ahead of the Game



July Socks
Pattern:
Jaywalker (with a modified picot cast on)
Yarn:
Artyarns Ultramerino, #128
Needles: US #1 dpns
Finished: July 3, 2007

Which goes to show that you can finish socks way before the deadline, even if you use #1s instead of #2s.

What is truly unbelievable is that this is my very first finished pair of Jaywalkers. I've started two others in the history of this blog: one was ripped repeatedly and the yarn is now in time-out, and the other was recently ripped for having been a UFO for much too long. This was the perfect pattern for the Artyarns, though.

A pretty pink princess picot perfects the presentation.


(click for bigger)
Both pairs were gifted yesterday to Diane (June socks) and Meredith (July socks). All socks fit perfectly. There was much dancing. More on the gifting next week.

4 comments:

KelInCal said...

You go girl! Love the Jaywalkers!

~Tonia~ said...

Love the Jaywalkers! The art yarns were perfect for them. Looks like the recipiants were quite happy. =)

Annie said...

I just love those socks! LOL I wonder how long it'll be till I have an ultimatum for myself as well. But this sock yarn is just so "tasty!"

Chris Salley said...

You're my knitting hero. Visit my blog! I will be posting my inferior knitting projects soon.