Tuesday, July 31, 2007

A Step Ahead

Two steps ahead, actually.

The first August sock is a dozen or so rows of ribbing away from being finished. I'm still really loving this pattern and the yarn, and I finally got to the point where I wasn't haunting the chart for every row. I've done the first row of ribbing, so I'm officially almost done.

Would you like to see the September socks? Of course you would.

You know I've been waiting to make these for a long time, and I finally got started this past weekend. The colorwork went super fast, especially since I did the red and gray diamonds as intarsia and the white with duplicate stitch.

Here's the back of the sock where I seamed it up. The red and white at the bottom is the start of the heel flap. Both the heel and the toe will be red and white striped. I will definitely be making more argyle socks.

I spent the weekend in Wooster again with my mom, Sean, Morgan, and Maggie. The bonus was that I got an early birthday present from Morgan and Sean. Morgan found a steal of a deal at a garage sale and got a TON of Rainbow Mills mercerized cotton for a very good price. And it's all for me! Check this out:

It's all variegated in a ton of different colorways. I'm sure some of it will become some baby things, but I'm going to have to find some cool patterns to use up some of the smaller amounts. Any ideas?

7 comments:

KelInCal said...

Your socks never disappoint! I love the Trekking colors and the pattern, and who doesn't need a skully argyle? I'll have to conquer intarsia soon so I can get me somma those!

I can't believe all that yarn - yowsa!

Molly Bee said...

OoooEeee! Score on the yarn. It's gorgeous! Love the socks! Especially the skull ones!

Annie said...

Those pirate socks are the coolest! Where did you get that pattern? Or did you make it up (if so you're a genius, if not, you're still a genius)..

Joy said...

How about a knitted crazy quilt blanket? Might be weird enough to avoid the boredom of knitting a rectangle.

~Tonia~ said...

Love the socks.

Wow look at all that yarn. I say make a bunch of little miters and make a blanket.

Brenda said...

Scrap yarn?! Did you post that picture just to taunt me? You could make a scrap blanket, or a flower boa, or a scrap yarn scarf, or knitted book covers, tiny bags, little hats for cats, a knitted tea set, ties and belts, little stuffed toys, headbands, a scrap yarn TV cozy, a knitted bulletin board! MY HEAD JUST EXPLODED!

Clearly, there is only one solution. You will have to sent all the yarn to me. That way you won't have to worry about it. Happy Birthday!

Brenda said...

Oh, I really like the pirate socks. I got a little caught up by the scrap yarn.