Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Store Sample Socks

Wow! Thanks for all the nice comments about the Notre Dame sweater set. I'm glad you guys were all so impressed. This book is a great standby when I need something for a new baby. Most of the sizes don't go above 9 months, so everything knits up very quickly.

I really think I've gotten more comments about this Notre Dame one than any other I've made. Click
here and here to see a Coca-Cola inspired sweater, and here to see a stripy sweater. Even the Lilac Garden sweater uses the same shaping from this pattern.

In other news, I've finished the orange Cherry Tree Hill store sample socks. You'll notice they're a little different... The one on the left was knit toe-up with a short row toe and heel, and the one on the right was knit cuff down with a traditional heel flap and gusset. I didn't use a pattern for either one, I just made very generic examples of each. I will make little tags to label the parts of each sock so that customers will be able to see the differences when they come into the store.

(You may have noticed that this means I have finished TWO pairs of socks in July. I cannot count these orange socks for August socks because I finished them just last night. I did this on purpose. I think I must be sick. However, this also means that I'm down to only 16 projects on my Must-Do-By-End-Of-November list.)

4 comments:

~Tonia~ said...

Great idea to knit the samples in different ways. It helps so much when you can see one before you attempt it. They both look great.

Annie said...

I wish when I took my sock knitting class a few months ago the girl would have given us some samples of different socks. She showed us the bootie sock we were going to make and talked about the socks she made, that she was wearing, but refused to show us??

I love that little Coca-Cola sweater... I'm getting inspired! :)

Chris Salley said...

Teach me oh wise one! We need a crafty day/night. I'm going to get with Kim.

Anonymous said...

How do we really know that YOU knit these? What if a knitting elf came in to your house in the middle of the night and did it for you? They look too perfect - only a knitting elf could have gotten them that perfect.....wait a second. Are you a knitting elf?