Friday, October 28, 2005

Happy Dappy Smappy Nappy

Okay, so the name of the blog is Drunken Monkey Knits. I promise I'll knit this weekend, and show it to you next week, okay? Please stop complaining that all I ever do is sew. I enjoy sewing, it's truly another fiber craft, and I'm allowed to do it if I wanna. It's ridiculous that you want me to narrow my sights so much that I'm not even allowed to branch out from the needles now and then. Sheesh. For real.

Please excuse my ranting. If you look at the comments, no one has complained about the sewing projects. In fact, some people actually like the sewing projects. Apparently there are voices inside my head that seem to think I'm not knitting enough lately. Talk about ridiculous.

Ahem.
Hi. My name is Brooke, and I'm addicted to this nappy bag. Hi, Brooke. Two down, at least two more in the plans. Here's the latest one, started in class, finished Thursday night.

This is the outside, with nothing inside but the inside of the outside.

This is the inside, right-side out, with nothing outside (inside?) but the inside of the inside.

This is the outside, with the inside on the inside, and all finished.

If you were trapped head-first inside this bag, this is what you would see. (Disclaimer: No animals or people were trapped head-first inside this bag during the making of this post.)

This is an over-the-shoulder, over-the-shoulder photo. Impressed?

Here's a close-up of the cell phone pocket. The cell phone goes inside the outside pocket.




I actually did do some knitting yesterday. I worked on my Lorna's Laces Liberty Elann socks from this post. And last night after I finished the bag and took pictures and danced the dance of nappy victory, I wanted to cast on for something new. But I didn't! I worked on a square of brown eyelash for a bunny. I've been working on this square for a ridiculously long time. I'm just no good at knitting squares. They bore me to tears. Anyway, no new projects. At least not until this weekend.

2 comments:

Brenda said...

I love the bag! It doesn't seem big enough to be a diaper bag though. Which means it totally rocks for a knitting bag. I love the floral and polka dot combo.

Why are they called polka dots? Are they especially popular at polka's?

Joy said...

Maybe that's why it's called a nappy bag instead of a diaper bag. Nappy is like diaper bag junior. For the mom who has learned to minimize what she takes out with baby.