Monday, February 27, 2006

I'm SuperGirl

Knitting Olympics Project Specs
Pattern: Diamond Lace Shawl designed by Sivia Harding
Yarn: KnitPicks Shadow in Sunset colorway
Needles: US5
Started: February 10, 2006, 8:30pm
Finished: February 24, 2006, 11:45pm

Before Blocking:
















During Blocking:
















After Blocking:
















The Leftovers and the Prize:
Not only did I win the gold, but I also won this lovely ball winder, which arrived on Friday. Talk about a prize! (I actually bought it on eBay, but it came at the perfect time, no?) The teeny tiny ball of yarn on the top of the ball winder is the leftovers from the 440 yards of yarn I used for the shawl. It's a good thing I didn't attempt another repeat.

Tomorrow we'll talk about how I felt and what I learned from this experience. For now, enjoy my artsy photos!

4 comments:

Joy said...

i love the artsy photos. it really helps give an idea of the scale of this feat! The chartreuse green playground stuff really sets off the rusty... er... I mean sunset yarn color!

littledevilworks said...

It's gorgeous. Congratulations!

Brenda said...

Lovely! Lovely! Lovely!

sheep#100 said...

Isn't a yarn ball winder the best toy ever? Well, except for my drug dealer's scale!

Go visit my blog and enter my contest, too.