Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Secrets Revealed!

So, Brenda can't handle my secretivitation, so I've decided to reveal all in this shocking post. It's almost like Jerry Springer, only without the pregnancy. Oh wait! Brenda's pregnant! Go say congratulations. Woo hoo! More baby knitting to be had by all.

(Please ignore the fact that everyone who posts anything on her blog makes fun of me. It's insensitive and cruel, I know, but I think it's the hormones.)

I think at this point I only have two secrets to share, but that's enough for me.

Secret #1

I told you a while ago that I was making a super secret project out of sock yarn, but it wasn't socks. It's actually this hat, which is super fun and easy to make. The stripy part that you see in the picture is the first part of the hat. It's some super-fun Opal sock yarn that I bought a couple years ago. After this stripy hat part is done, I'll take out the provisional cast-on along the bottom and pick up those stitches with the blue yarn you see there and knit another whole hat in the other direction. When I'm finished with that hat, the directions say to "punch one hat into the other" for a double-thick baby hat. Now, if I just knew someone who was having a little baby this fall or winter...

Secret #2

The second secret has to do with the Pomatomus socks. (I don't even have to look up how to spell it anymore.) These (this) socks (sock) are (is) not progressing as well as I'd like them (it) to, mostly because I've been working on my entrelac bag and my little secret baby hat instead. Anywho, the secret of these socks is the recipient. But if I tell you, you have to promise not to say anything, okay? I thought I'd give these socks to Morgan, who always has to put cuteness on her kidlets' feetsies, but never on her own. The coolest part about this surprise is that, since she's never measured her feet for me, I get to guess at how long to make them. Maybe I'll even make one of them way too long and the other way too short! Wouldn't that be hilarious?!?!

Secret #3

Okay, this one isn't really a secret, but I have a theme going. Stick with me. This one has a lot to do with the stash, and how I need to be using it instead of buying more yarn. I usually don't post about the new yarn that I buy, because my mom reads my blog, and she thinks I should use the money for other things, like bills. I have (finally) accepted that she may be correct about this, and so I'm putting myself on a yarn diet. I'm telling this to you because maybe you can keep me accountable.

I'm also looking for ideas of (knitterly) things I have to do before I am allowed to buy more yarn. There will be one exception this summer for Maggie's birthday sweater an annual, mandatory project of great importance. I'm thinking I want to finish at least three projects that are already on the needles, plus use up some of my stash before I can buy more yarn. Any ideas, thoughts, comments, cries of outrage? I know for a fact that Joy has an idea. Something about making Anthony sweeter, but she always spells it with an "a". Sweeter/sweater... I don't know what she's talking about.

Secret #4

(Again, just sticking with the theme, here, folks.) I'm outie here until next week. I'm going to go provide as much support to my parents as I can for the rest of the week, hopefully without getting too much underfoot. Thanks for all of your thoughts and prayers, please keep it up. I'll try to update if I can, but look for the next meaty post to be early next week some time. Thanks, y'all!

5 comments:

sheep#100 said...

I love the baby hat and I want to try the Potamus socks myself eventually.

Yarn diet, huh? Hmm, how about knitting a Kepler? I did one for a friend for Christmas and it was fab.

Brenda said...

But now that you've told the secrets what will I make fun of?

Hey! Hey! Hey! Hey-hey-hey-hey! I know someone who's having a baby.

I have lots of project ideas but most of them are insane or mildly retarded so I'll keep them to myself.

Tell Mom and Dad that I love them. I hope everything goes well.

brooke t. higgins said...

Who's having a baby? I don't know anyone who is. I think everyone stopped having them because of the fertility crisis brought about because of the alien race that we thought was helping us but was actually slowly killing off our race by causing us to not be able to reproduce...

Oh wait. I watch too much Stargate.

And I LOVE mildly retarded ideas! Tell me Tell me Tell me!!!

Joy said...

I know! You could knit Baby's First Skeleton Model! Pick mine! Pick mine!

HPNY KNITS said...

great baby hat, thanks for the pattern. I always find that one layer is not enough when it is really cold. I sometimes line the hats with fleece (I have a friend do it if she has time, since I don't have a sewing machine....)
An idea for stash using- check out my sudoku pillow, using the mitered square technique. It is really fun to do!